Subject: DrScheme in our courses

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 20:26:17 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Prof Feijo,

Thank you for the information.  You do not need to make any additional
acknowledgement.  My only concern is that the Web page

  http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~coordicc/icc/software.html

suggests that v53 is the new version (I THINK -- sorry, I don't know
any Portugese!).  That is not correct: the current version is DrScheme
100, which has many improvements.  I suggest two changes:

1. Please download v100, which has many improvements over v53.  You
may in particular find the Stepper quite useful for teaching the
semantics of Scheme.

2. Many people find Web sites through search engines; someone
searching for DrScheme in Portugese may end up on your site.  Just so
that they don't get out-of-date information, I request that you

(a) put a date on the site stating when you downloaded the local
Windows version, so that people can determine whether or not they
should check the Rice Web site to get the latest version;

(b) name the binary something like plt-v100.exe, so they can tell the
version number from the filename.

I hope this will not be too much trouble for you.

Thank you for getting in touch with us, and good luck with your
course!

'shriram

---

From: Bruno Feijo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 21:02:55 -0300

Dear DrScheme Team,

I would like to inform you that we are using DrScheme as the main tool in
the course "Introduction to Computer Science" (around 7 classes of 35
students every semester). We have a site
(http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~coordicc/icc) to help the students to download
the software and to get handouts, previous exams, etc... . The site is in
Portuguese. Do you would like to havy any particular acknowledgement or
information in that site ?

Congratulations for the excellent software.

Best regards,

Prof. Bruno Feijo
Coordinator of Post-graduated Studies
Coordinator of ICC (Introduction to Comp. Science)
Department of Computing, PUC-Rio
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Brasil