Subject: scheme lecture notes, problem solutions

From: "Steven Gross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 22:49:32 +0200

I teach 10-12th grades in Himmelfarb high school, Jerusalem, Israel.

I'm interested in using your lecture notes, etc to teach Scheme.

Please let me know what I should do to obtain the right to use the material.

Thank you.

---

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:52:25 -0500 (CDT)

> I would like (and I'd pay) for a paper copy.  I can give you a NY address if
> that helps.

We just sent out our second mailing to high school teachers.  I expect 
we have at least one spare copy.  If not, it'll take a few days to
generate one.

A NY address would definitely help.  Rice's post office may screw up
getting the air mail annotations right, in which case it could take
forever for the book to get to you.  I imagine your NY address has no
trouble forwarding stuff to you.

> Is there something on the web site that discourages robot downloads like
> PCmag site snagger?  I tried it three times (on the book) and it just got
> stuck.

We don't consciously do anything to discourage robot downloads --
indeed, for now, that's what I suggest that people do, and nobody has
yet complained to me about it.  Maybe you could try a different robot, 
such as the GNU mirror software?

> I'd also appreciate access to the solutions.

Sure.  Can you have your school make an official request in a letter
providing your name and email address and attesting that you are a
teacher there?  We need this for our records.  My fax number is +1
713-285-5930; be sure to mention my name on the cover.

'shriram