Subject: Re: DrScheme

From: Andy Largent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:23:00 -0700

Yes, I'm in a discrete structures and functional programming course, and
both classes in the series (211 and 311) use DrScheme for the lab.  Our
lecture book is "Discrete Stuctures, Logic, and Computability" by James
Hein and our lab book is "Simply Scheme" by Brian Harvey and Matthew
Wright.  My professor is James Johnson
(http://cs.wwu.edu/faculty/johnson/homejames.html) if you're interested.
 The labs at the school (both NT and Sun labs) use DrScheme.  I just
wanted to not have to go to the lab, so I found the Mac version for my
own use at home.

Andy

Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> 
> Btw, do you use DrScheme for a course a WWU?  If so, is it part of the
> recommended implementations for the course?
> 
> 'shriram

---

From: Andy Largent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:38:57 -0700

Well, the prof doesn't have a web page for our class, but I suppose
there's a description in the catalog
(http://www.wwu.edu/CampusInfo/AdmRegInfo/catalog/cat22.html#311) which
is pretty short.

Andy

Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> 
> Wow, an enlightened department!  Sounds great.  If there's a Web page
> for the course, I'd appreciate your sending it to me; otherwise, no
> problem.  Thanks again.
> 
> 'shriram