Subject: Re: Suggestion

From: "Ferdinand Davertzhofen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 22:23:12 +0100

My University is

Westfalische-Wilhelms-Universität Münster
in Münster, Germany.

The Link to our Course is

http://pcwi202.uni-muenster.de/ws99/

BUT, we´re not actually using DrScheme!
We were told to use MIT-Scheme, but unfortunately that program is - as far
as I think - rubbish.

Mostly of course because it does not even suppot the german keyboard-layout.
So in case we'd like to enter bracktes ")" we just have to press "=".

What a mess.

So most of the students tried EdScheme, as I was presented to us as an
Anternative, but it costs more that 100 $ .. and for sure most people cannot
afford that.
Then some lucky student found DrScheme, and by now almost half of us are
using - and enjoying - it!

cu
Fenne.

--- Ferdinand Davertzhofen loc: Münster, Germany email: [email-masked]
[email-masked] emailExpress: [email-masked] www:
http://fenne.home.pages.de icq#: 2792066 phone: 0049-251-9879214
0049-202-2950321 --- "Life's but [...] a Tale, told by an Idiot, full of
Sound and Fury, signifying _nothing_." - W.S.
----- Original Message -----
From: Shriram Krishnamurthi <[email-masked]>
To: Ferdinand Davertzhofen <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 1999 10:04 PM
Subject: Suggestion

> PS: Which university are you at?  Can you send me a Web pointer to the
> course that uses DrScheme?
>