Subject: hmph -- long lost mail ... just in time for FIPSE

From: Matthias Felleisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 16:44:10 -0600 (CST)

------- Start of forwarded message -------
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:35:09 -0500 (EST)
From: Don Muench <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: new release of our material
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII

Matthias -
It took me a year - but I am using DrScheme and have directed the students
to your notes.  The course is a special topics course at Richmond, the
American International University in London, where I am spending the year.
The course touches on software for education: in particular software that
is best for teaching concepts in mathematics and in computer science.  So,
we have gone through ISETL for abastract math concepts and now we are into
Scheme for its power in teaching programming and concepts in CS.  We
aren't doing everything, but I am giving them some challenging problems to
work on.  The last software we'll use is Logo and show them it isn't just
for little kids.  But I will give them the flavor that makes it useful for
young kids.

I seem to recall that teachers plug into your stuff where you have
solutions that they can look at.

Anyway, the students have been grateful that all this is FREE and that
they don't have to pay for any of it.

Don

_________________________________________________________________________
Donald L. Muench                          Phone(UK home): (44)181-241-4314
Dept. of Maths,Computing,Science  __o     Email: [email-masked] 
Richmond,The American Intl Univ _`\<,_           or [email-masked]
Richmond,Surrey,TW10 6JP,UK  __(*)/ (*)__ WWW: http://home.sjfc.edu/~muench
(until August 2000)                                                

_________________________________________________________________________
Donald L. Muench                          Phone: (716) 385-8155
Dept. of Maths. & Comp. Sci.      __o     Email: [email-masked] 
St. John Fisher College         _`\<,_         
Rochester, NY 14618-3597 USA __(*)/ (*)__ WWW: http://www.sjfc.edu

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> 
> Hi Don: you expressed some interest in the past in teaching a Scheme course
> to teachers. You also said you might use our material. If so, you might be 
> interested in our new release of DrScheme and the Web'ed version of the
> Notes. Regards -- Matthias Felleisen
> 
------- End of forwarded message -------